Girl (14) swallows needle
A MUSLIM girl’s nightmare finally came to an end on Friday when a needle was removed from inside her – 17 days after she had swallowed it.
According to a report in Coconuts, Anisa Salim (14) from Sumedang, West Java had been holding the needle between her teeth while she fixed her hijab. Then disaster struck when Anisa’s friend bumped her and Anisa swallowed the needle.
What made Anisa’s fate worse was that her family was too poor to pay for the operation to have the needle removed. Luckily her story became famous around her village and supporters helped them apply for financial support. It was finally approved at the end of September.
Anisa was then transferred to Bandung, the capital of West Java, and the needle was successfully removed from her.
The doctor who performed the procedure, Sinta Sari Ratunanda was quoted in a report as saying: “During extraction, the needle was piercing the patient’s respiratory tract (breathing passage). But using certain techniques, the extraction was carried out smoothly.”
If all goes as expected, Anisa will be back home by Monday.